Why students should take advantage of them?
You may want
- A head start to feel comfortable before you go to group class
- Learn a dance that is not currently being offered in group classes.
- Maybe you want to get ready for a wedding or other special event
- You want to compete or perform
- or just want to catch up when you missed a few classes.
Think about it!
- You have the undivided attention of the instructor
- You can learn things right the first time
- You can nip bad dance habits in the bud
- You can “feel” what it should be like when you dance with your teacher
- You can learn a dance that may not be currently offered in group classes
- You can use the lessons to get ready for a special event
- You can work at your own pace, instead of the pace of a group class
- You can work on the dances or techniques YOU want
- Your learning curve is accelerated.
What to expect – depending on style and moves you are doing
- A warm up – Dance is a form of exercise to therefore we will start your lesson with a 5-10 minute warm up
- Both solo and partner work
- Technical explanation
- Cool down – It is important to cool down by stretching for 5-10 minutes at the end of your session
Our coaches Janet Lee Chapman and Emma Gill are very experienced in teaching all levels from beginners to competition and are available at our Blackpool based studio.
Once booked return here to pay for your lessonAdult General Ballroom Working Toward Examination £5(pay at door or at bottom of page this class is on JLC membership)You are welcome to attend even if not taking exams1.30 – 2.15pm Standard & Latin Gold bar 1/2/3 Examination class2.15 – 3.00pm Standard & Latin Silver/Gold Examination class
3.00 – 4.00pm Standard & Latin Into/ Bronze Examination class*Adult General Ballroom & Sequence Social Dancing £5(pay at door or at bottom of page this class is on JLC membership)6.00 – 7.00pm Standard & Latin & Sequence Beginners7.00 – 8.00pm Standard & Latin & Sequence Intermediates*Adult General Jive & Latin Social Dancing £5(pay at door or at bottom of page this class is on JLC membership)8.00 – 9.00pm General Latin & Jive Beginners & Intermediate
FridayAdult Teacher Training School (must book) £6(pay at door or at bottom of page this class is on JLC membership)
6.00 – 7.00pm Theory and Practical Class for Associate Ballroom & Latin your welcome to stay for the beginners class to help with Practical training*Technique Class Ballroom & Latin £5(pay at door or at bottom of page this class is on JLC membership)7.00 – 8.00pm Standard Ballroom8.00-9.00pm Latin American
SaturdayAdult General Standard & Latin £5(pay at door or at bottom of page this class is on JLC membership)3.00 – 4.00pm General Standard and Latin Beginners*Adult Ballet for Ballroom Dancers £5(pay at door or at bottom of page this class is on JLC membership)4,.00 – 4.45pm Beginners Ballet for those looking to improve Balance and dance technique*
- JLC School Principal Janet Lee Chapman will be running the Standard Ballroom lessons
- Example Academy Principal Emma Gill will be running the Latin American lessons